Bolton is a serious, hard-charging guy. His bio is impressive, even inspirational. He's done a lot of good things for the conservative movement in America. He's completely sincere. But he's nuts.
- He offers no evidence a massive attack will succeed, even if it could be justified legally.
- He fails to consider that such an attack might make Iran more dangerous and give more support to the Tehran regime. It would also convince them they NEED a nuclear bomb.
- He doesn't see how bombing Iran will discredit any Iranian opposition. ALL presidential aspirants in Iran have backed its nuclear program.
- He pays no heed to international blowback against the US. Why that would be worth just delaying Iran's program, he doesn't say.
- He ignores how such a bombing might in fact make other nations MORE sympathetic to Iran.
- He acknowledges that other nuclear programs have been discontinued by negotiation, but somehow Iran is different.
- He assumes that, in response to Iran, other nations will go out and get their own nuclear bombs. (I guess by magic.) He takes the Saudis' threats for granted.
- He doesn't apply this logic to North Korea, which presumably has the bomb and is demonstrably more pugnacious than Iran is.